The Android developer should have a strong working knowledge of native Android frameworks, be
proficient in Java. The candidate must be an experienced Android developer capable of architecting,
designing, developing, and testing complex applications for a variety of Android devices. Strong
communications skills are a must with an emphasis on the ability to explain technology in business
terms and to express opinions clearly in a straightforward manner.
Accountabilities and Activities:
The job holder will:
- Designing and building mobile applications for Google’s Android platform.
- Collaborating with the design team to define app features.
- Ensuring quality and performance of the application to specifications.
- Identifying potential problems and resolving application bottlenecks.
- Fixing application bugs before the final release.
- Publishing application on App Store.
- Maintaining the code and atomization of the application.
- Designing and implementing application updates.
- Interpreting UI/UX requirements and mockups into functional, high-performance Android phone and tablet apps.
- Push the boundaries of what’s possible with creative solutions to hard, mobile-centric problems like synchronization, asynchronous APIs, and leveraging offline device capabilities.
- Create intuitive, custom UI controls and interfaces that match our great user experience.
- Interact with project managers, UI designers, software engineers, and other applications developers
Qualifications, Training & Experience:
- Degree in software development, computer science, or similar.
- Proficiency in Java, Kotlin, or C++.
- Ability to use the Android Studio, including the Android SDK, with ease.
- Prior experience as an android developer. 3 to 5 years of proven experience with Android Application Development
- Excellent coding skills.
- Extensive hands-on experience creating custom UI controls, consuming RESTful APIs, designing protocols, implementing delegate interfaces, animations, and performance optimization.
- Understanding of the nuances of fragments and Android XML layouts, and how to create adaptive interfaces that work for both phones and tablets.
- Familiar and comfortable using Git.
Other Competencies and Skills:
- Strong coordination, excellent interpersonal, organization, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Ability to effectively analyze and present technical information.
- Ability to adapt to different situations requiring, cognitive thinking and a considerable degree of sound judgement.
- Ability to work effectively in individual or group settings.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.